The first time I went into downtown Boston, all I could smell were hot dogs, burgers and fries all around me. Although there were many stores and parks, the food options was what really stood out to me. Here are the five best fast food restaurants in downtown, with their top five can’t-miss menu items.
1. Charleys Philly Steaks
Charleys has delicious subs all made fresh right in front of you. I recommend the chicken teriyaki sub. The sauce they put on it is phenomenal. Their wide variety of subs range from $5–$10. The fries are always $2.50. You get great food without spending a lot of money. The top five menu items I recommend are:
1. Chicken teriyaki sub. It has that special sauce that makes the chicken extra good.
2. Baconator fries. They are like Wendy’s baconator fries, but thick cut like Burger King fries.
3. Philly cheesesteak. The melted cheese blends in well with the steak in order to achieve a delectable taste.
4. Steakhouse salad. This is a healthy option for people who want to stay fit.
5. Bacon three cheese steak. This steak sub has three cheeses and bacon mixed in.
The moment you walk into Wendy’s you can smell salty fries. They have cushioned seats so you can sit comfortably while enjoying your food. This location has two floors, which is great because it gets packed during rush hour. Even though Wendy’s is a fast food restaurant, the food can take a while to make, because they are cooking delicious burgers. I recommend:
1. Baconator fries. This is my favorite because they put bacon bits on some extremely good melted cheese.
2. 4 for $4 Meal. This combo lets you pick four items for only $4. It’s a hard deal to beat.
3. Baconator. This burger has two layers of beef and cheese topped with six strips of smoked bacon.
4. Grilled chicken wrap.The spice they put on the chicken makes it unique.
5. Frosty. There is nothing better than getting something sweet for only 99 cents.
There is always a McDonald’s nearby with very affordable prices, and most are very clean. The moment you walk in you will be punched by the delightful aroma of McDonald's signature fries. They have an amazing dollar menu that not many restaurants have. On the dollar menu, you can get great food options like the McChicken sandwich. I recommend:
1. McChicken. This delectable delight is only $1.
2. French fries. The fries are salty, but when you bite into them they are soft and good.
3. Chicken McNuggets. These are some of the best chicken nuggets I’ve tasted. They are a McDonald’s classic.
4. Sausage burrito. This breakfast burrito has cheese, sausage and other ingredients that makes it a great way to start your morning.
5. Hash browns. A classic and cheap menu item.
4. Burger King
Burger King has some of the best fries. They are thick, crispy and lightly salted. Their value menu offers a variety of burgers for under $2. Basically everything on the menu is good and cheap, from the fries to the bacon double cheeseburger. I recommend:
1. Chicken fries. Hot and tasty chicken strips shaped like french fries.
2. French fries. These fries are fat and salty.
3. Bacon Jr. King sandwich. It’s cheap and it has bacon on it. Enough said.
4. Bacon egg and cheese croissant. The breakfast of champions.
5. Cheeseburger. They are know for these burgers.
5. Five Guys
The restaurant has red and white stripes throughout and it’s very clean. All of their meat is fresh and cooked as you order it. So if you want real meat, come here. It typically costs $9 for a burger, but it’s quality food. If you don't have that much money, you’re better off going somewhere else. My top recommendations are:
1. Cheeseburger. Fresh grilled meat paired with as many free toppings as you like.
2. Little bacon cheeseburger. Fresh bacon and meat make for an excellent combination.
3. Patty melt. While it’s not officially on the menu, you can ask for a grilled cheese sandwich with a beef patty inside of it. Order it next time you are here.
4. Fries. Fresh cut potatoes cooked in pure peanut oil.